Monday, April 7, 2014

Outfit From Clothes I Already Own!

"Outfit From Clothes I Already Own!"
I know my blog has been about Roman and Renley and our adventures as the title indicates.  But I have decided to add a little more to my blog.  Beginning with some fashion fun. 
 So yes, Outfit From Clothes I Already Own, is the title on one of my pinterest boards.  I actually have 96 pins to this board!! That is a lot of outfits from clothing I  have hanging in my closet!  I get in a rut of styling my items with the same things over and over again and this blog is going to help me get my style back!
On the rare occasion when I decide to put on something besides my yoga pants and tshirt and consult my "pins"  I ALWAYS get compliments on what I am wearing.   It is hard to find outfits that make me feel like I look good without looking like I have tried way to hard or like I am trying on my daughters clothes!  So, using pinterest and consulting my daughters, I will look and feel good and have some fun while I am at it!
So my commitment this year is to "Shop" more from my own closet than from any other source and to get rid of items that I really no longer find useful to me.
 I started two weeks ago by purging my closet of jeans that I no longer wear.  I literally removed two large black trash bags of denim pants.  Who in the world needs that many pairs of denim jeans???? I feel relieved! And now my quest continues!
 I am committing  to:
 A.  purging ten items for the next seven days from my closet
 B.  wear a different outfit everyday for the next two months using only items in my closet.
I will be posting what I wore each Friday for the previous week to keep me motivated. 

Whew!! So I invite all of you to join me.  Let's see what we can create from what we already own!

Teresa

2 comments:

  1. omg we are so in the same boat! I've purged so much and realized I had so much usable stuff that I wasn't using!!
    Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is crazy! Today I actually purged 20 pairs of shoes I have been hanging onto. It feels so good!

    ReplyDelete